Here at Friendly Cab, we pride ourselves in providing our drivers with the opportunity to build a career. While driving an Oakland taxi cab can be a challenging and rigorous task, it can also lead to financial advancement. One of the found ders of Friendly Cab began his career with a single taxi that he drove for many years. After hard work and perseverance, he developed Friendly Cab into the East Bay's leading taxi provider.
In order to provide the best service and working environment, we not only follow municipal standards of driver training but also provide a curriculum developed by our management. Our driver training courses are designed for driver safety, road compliance, passenger courtesy, and awareness of special needs. Courteous, well-informed, and professional drivers are Friendly Cab's key training objectives. Our attentive and fair management practices are the reason many drivers have been with Friendly Cab for over 20 years. To find out more about driving opportunities, please contact our office and learn how driving a taxi may be great for you!
Preview the application steps for new drivers
- Attend Information Session
- Give Copy of Driver License & 3 Yrs. History to Friendly
- Pay $50 Non-Refundable Insurance Approval Fee to Friendly
- If Approved, Receive Driver Application
- Take Drug Test (First Get Form from Friendly):
Go to 449 15th St. #201M, Oakland for Test
- Submit Driver App. & Get Live Scan Form from City: File online http://www.oaklandnet.com/taxi/
- Pay Fees & Perform Finger Printing at Police Department:
Go to 455 7th St., 3rd Floor, Room 305, Oakland
- Go to City and give stamped Live Scan & Schedule Driver Class.
Go to 1 Frank Ogawa Plaza, 11th Floor, Oakland
- Attend Class & Pass Exam
- Obtain Temporary Driver’s Permit
- Place Deposit on Available Taxi Cab
- Sign Friendly Cab Lease Agreement
- Complete Crash Training Course with Friendly
- Start Driving a Taxi Cab!
Experienced Licensed Oakland Drivers
Friendlycab has an immediate need for Oakland cab drivers on all shifts and those willing to work graveyard shift. Be part of the most modern computer dispatch system on the west Coast. Our Taxi-Tracker system meets customer needs with the closest cab, automatically. Your next fare is always 5 minutes away.
Uber, Lyft & Sidecar Drivers
Get legit and insure for your future. Cities are banning online services because the middle-man they cut out provides the revenue cities depend on to operate. Consider this, after 1 year of operating as an Uber driver your car will have 100,000 miles on it. The chances are slim you'll make enough to buy a new car, here's why.
Look at the math: From 100% of a regular taxi rate:
Deduct 20% Less for customary taxi driver tip which Uber refuses to enforce.
Deduct 20% Less for commission to Uber.
Deduct 30% Less for rates below normal taxi rates.
What is left is only 30% for the driver. So what is the profit for the long term? Not much, and you could end up without a car.